A naturally youthful look, for years to come
CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Experience Better Skin with Lumenis Laser Skin Resurfacing
We use the world-renowned Lumenis M22 for our skin resurfacing procedures. The lasers reduce the signs of aging and improve skin texture, tone, and laxity. We can also achieve scar and stretch mark reduction as well as treatment of over 30 other cosmetic concerns including stretch mark removal, spider vein removal, and more.
For the best skin resurfacing results we use the state-of-the-art M22 lasers with either ablative or non-ablative mode, depending on the damage seen and the amount of layers of the skin that need treatments.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
The best way to determine whether Estucia Services are capable of giving you the results you desire is to view results.
|SEE THE BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY|
WHAT DOES LASER SKIN RESURFACING DO
TREATMENTS WITH THE LUMENIS M22
- Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Acne Scar Treatment
- Skin Toning
- Vascular & Leg Vein Treatment
- Laser Hair Removal
- Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Scar Revision
LASER SKIN RESURFACING CANDIDATES
Laser Skin Resurfacing is ideal for patients suffering from signs of aging, stretch marks, or other natural skin abnormalities. It can be used on major or minor damage in sizes ranging from a few centemeters to full body skin damage.
It is safe for patients of all ages, including younger patients who have skin diformaties due to burns, accidents, and internal diseases.
For patients experiencing minor skin concerns such as uneven skin tone and texture, uneven pigmentation, minor scars, or fine lines and wrinkles, an IPL Photofacial may be recommended. Please see our PA-C for a personalized consultation to determine the correct treatment for your concerns.
LASER SKIN RESURFACING RESULTS
- Firmer Skin
- Smoother Skin Texture
- More Even Skin Tone
- Reduction of Dark Spots
- Reduction of Veins
- Reduction of Skin Abnomalities
BENEFITS OF LASER SKIN RESURFACING
Compared to other treatments like chemical peels and microneedling, the benefits of laser skin resurfacing include:
- All natural solution
- Lunchtime procedure
- Requires numbing creme, if any
- No downtime (lunchtime procedure)
- Proven results
LASER SKIN RESURFACING TESTIMONIALS AND WHAT LASER SKIN RESURFACING CAN DO FOR YOUR SKIN
HOW DOES LASER SKIN RESURFACING WORK
WHAT IS THE LUMIENS M22 (TECHNICAL INFO) AND WHY IT IS ONE OF THE BEST LASERS ON THE MARKET
The Lumenis M22 is one of the worlds best lasers for skincare, which offers several unique functions. At Estucia we are offering treatments with both the Lumiens IPL and the Lumenis ResurFX™ lasers.
Lumenis offers a unique IPL solution with optimal efficacy, safety and ease of use. The Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™) gives users the ability to control the pulse shape. It provides reproducible results as well as gentler, more comfortable treatments. Universal handpiece with nine ExpertFilters™, enables treatment of a myriad of conditions with a single, versatile and cost effective handpiece.
The ResurFX™ laser is the only true fractional non-ablative technology. Unlike other fractional technologies, ResurFX™ only needs one pass to be effective, saving time and protecting the patient’s skin. ResurFX™ uses a 1565nm fiber laser and an advanced scanner, which enables the user to choose from more than 600 combinations of shape, size and density options, for optimal treatment results. The ResurFX™ has state-of-the-art CoolScan™ scanner for non-sequential scanning. The CoolScan™ scanner uses a proprietary algorithm that controls the placement of each fractional spot. This protects the tissue from heat accumulation and overheating. Moreover, the ResurFX™ handpiece is equipped with continuous contact cooling to increase patient comfort during treatment.
DOES LASER SKIN RESURFACING WITH
LUMENIS M22 HURT
No! Although the laser induces heat, we use an advanced cooling technology (CoolScan™ scanner) that rapidly induces a cooling sensation so that you are left pain-free. In fact, this is one of the reasons that Dr. Ackerman and Jamie Ackerman carefully selected the Lumenis M22 lasers was for their effectiveness and the comfort levels for our patients.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR RESULTS TO OCCUR WITH LASER SKIN RESURFACING
HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE NEEDED TO SEE RESULTS
SOUTH FLORIDA LASER SKIN RESURFACING SPECIALISTS
At Estucia Weight Loss & Aesthetics we value your health and well-being first and use only the best, most acclaimed tools and procedures for our patients, with the Lumenis M22 being one of them.
Backed by Dr. Ackerman, a long-time expertise in health, weight loss, and aesthetics, Estucia of Palm Beach is amongst the best laser centers in South Florida. We have treated hundreds of patients with our Candela laser, and now our Lumenis laser.
Before being treated, our practitioners will work with you to establish a treatment plan, ensuring that each step taken has an exact purpose to acheive your ideal aesthetic goals. We will go over all of your options to ensure that you are getting the best, most efficient and effective treatments possible.
In the world of aesthetics, our top-rated medspa practitioners at Estucia of Palm Beach sets the standard.
PREPARING FOR YOUR LASER SKIN RESURFACING PROCEDURE
You will be asked to stay away from alcohol and other blood thinners before and after your procdecure.
• You must have had no prolongued direct sun exposure 1 month prior to treatment (nor 1 month post treatment.)
• Discontinue any retinoid products 5 days prior to treatment (also 5 days post treatment.)
• If you take Valtrex, have your Valtrex prescription filled and take starting 1 day before the treatment.
• Arrive to your appointment 45 minutes prior for numbing of the area.
• Shave the area if there is hair. If you have a beard, trim to what would be equivalent to a “2 day shadow.”
• Arrive clean faced without make-up, moisturizers or lotions.
• Wear or bring a button down shirt so as not to pull anything over the face or across the body after treatment.
LASER SKIN RESURFACING PROCEDURE
A Laser Skin Resurfacing procedure is relatively simple. We may or may not begin by topically numbing the area being treated. Then, we apply a cool gel to the areas being treated. We set the laser up to the configuration needed to achieve your desired results and then directly target the laser to the area needed.
You will be fully awake and speaking during the procedure. Most patients report feeling little to no pain during the treatment.
AFTER RECEIVING A LASER SKIN RESURFACING TREATMENT
Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing Laser Treatments produce some expected side effects, depending on the intensity and duration of the treatment, the aggressiveness of injury to the area being treated, and your individual healing characteristics. Generally, patients who are treated more aggressively experience more intense, longer lasting side effects. However, some patients who receive a less aggressive treatment may experience greater-than-expected side effects; others receiving more aggressive treatments may experience side effects of less-thanexpected magnitude. Notify your practitioner at Chelsea Skin & Laser if the severity of your side effects becomes a problem for you.After treatment, you will experience redness, swelling or puffiness, and after a few days you may experience a bronzed appearance. Most swelling will be noticeable on the first morning after treatment and diminish within about 2-3 days. Most patients find that light makeup can cover any post-treatment redness or swelling.
Notify your practitioner if the severity of your side effects becomes a problem for you.
• Immediately After Treatment:
• Heat sensation can be noticeable for 1 – 3 hours following your treatment.
• Some patients have experienced itching.
• You may feel discomfort. Tylenol may be taken for discomfort.
• Your skin may feel dry, peel, or flake. You may notice a “sandpaper” texture a few days after treatment. This is the treated tissue working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated.
• Noticeable pinkness over the next few weeks. Most resolves during the 1st week. A rosy “glow” can remain several weeks.
• You may use a bland moisturizer like Aquaphor or Cetaphil cream. Use of cold compresses or cold (not frozen) gel packs helps alleviate the heat sensation.
• First Few Days:
Continue gentle cleansing and moisturizing over the next few days. Once dry skin starts to flake off, please allow your skin to heal and DO NOT scrub, rub, or use exfoliants.
• Swelling usually lasts two to three days. To minimize swelling apply cold compresses to the area for 10 minutes of every hour on the day of treatment, until bedtime. Sleep with head elevated on pillows the first night.
• First Week of Healing:
Keep treated area clean; avoid smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, excessive exercise, perspiring, swimming, yoga or exposing skin to heat and sun.
• Skin Care Products: All of your skin care products should be non-irritating and non-clogging for the first week. Aveeno, Dove, Neutrogena, and Cetaphil are easily accessible brands.
• Scrubs, Toners, Bleaching Creams, Glycolic Acid, and Retinoids (Retin A, Tazorac, tretinoin): Your skin will be sensitive for the first week or so after treatment. Do not use products that will cause irritation for a minimum of 5 days after treatment. Do not use bleaching creams, abrasive scrubs, toners, or products that contain glycolyic acids or retinoids. Read the product labels. Retinoids may be resumed 5 full days after treatment as long as treatment area is free of flaking, redness, irritation.
• Normal Skin Care Regimen: Once all dry skin has flaked off and your skin is fully healed, you may resume your routine skin care and make-up products, as long as they are tolerable to you. We recommend a mineral based make-up.
• Sunscreen: Use sunscreen immediately after treatment. Continue to use to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen should offer broadband protection (UVA and UVB) and have an SPF of 30 or more. Use sunscreen immediately after treatment and apply daily for at least 3 months after your last treatment. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside. Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. If direct sun exposure is necessary, wear a hat and clothing that covers the treated area. Diligent sunscreen use may lower the risk of laser-induced hyperpigmentation (darker skin color).
• Moisturizer: Remember that peeling and/or flaking is normal. Therefore, the moisturizer you use should be non-irritating and non-clogging, or else you could develop breakouts. Instead of using 2 separate products, you may use moisturizers that contain SPF30+. Reapply whenever your skin feels dry.
• Abnormal Healing: If you notice any side effects that seem severe or are not listed here, please contact us.
At Estucia, with offices conveniently located in Palm Beach County, we are pleased to offer several products to fight visible signs of aging.
Estucia will work closely with you to assess the condition of your skin and listen carefully to your beauty goals, in order to create the safest and most effective treatment plan to rejuvenate and refresh your skin, and bring back your youthful glow.
Serving West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Palm Beach Island, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington, Riviera Beach, The Villages of Palm Beach Lakes, Lake Worth, Green Acres, Lantana and surrounding communities.