A naturally youthful look, for years to come
CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Experience Better, Smoother Skin with IPL Photofacials
We use the world-renowned Lumenis M22 for our IPL Photofacial procedures. The IPL reduces the signs of aging and improve skin texture, tone, and laxity. We can also achieve scar and stretch mark reduction as well as treatment of over 30 other cosmetic concerns including spider vein removal, skin discoloration, sunspots, and other pigmentation concerns.
For the best IPL Photofacial results we use the state-of-the-art M22 lasers with either ablative or non-ablative mode, depending on the damage seen and the amount of layers of the skin that need treatments.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
The best way to determine whether Estucia Services are capable of giving you the results you desire is to view results.
|SEE THE BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY|
WHAT DO IPL PHOTOFACIALS DO
The M22 IPLs provide patients with dramatic improvements in the skin’s tone, texture, and elasticity in just a single session. It is able to heal minor and major damage due to aging, sun damage, resulting in refreshed and renewed skin that is younger-looking, smoother, softer, and healthier.
TREATMENTS WITH IPL PHOTOFACIALS
- Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Acne Scar Treatment
- Skin Toning
- Vascular & Leg Vein Treatment
- Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
Photofacials are ideal for patients suffering from signs of aging, stretch marks, or other natural skin abnormalities. Photofacials are typically performed on the face, although other body areas can benefit from the procedures. For extreme cases, Laser Skin Resurfacing may be recommended.
IPL treatments are safe for patients of all ages, including younger patients who have minor skin deformities.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IPL PHOTOFACIAL AND LASER SKIN RESURFACING
IPL Photofacial treatments are recommended for patients who have generally healthy skin that could benefit from smoother texture more even skin tone, and a smoother fresher overall appearance. Photofacials also treat fine lines and minor wrinkles.
For more drastic results, Laser Peels or Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments may be recommended for patients to treat deep wrinkles, facial folds, and injuries to the skin including harsh acne scars, burns, spider veins, scars from cuts, and more.
- Firmer Skin
- Smoother Skin Texture
- More Even Skin Tone
- Reduction of Dark Spots
- Reduction of Veins
- Reduction of Skin Abnomalities
BENEFITS OF PHOTOFACIALS
Compared to other treatments like chemical peels and microneedling, the benefits of IPL Photofacials include:
- All natural solution
- Lunchtime procedure
- Requires only numbing creme, if requested
- Little to no downtime (lunchtime procedure)
- Proven results
WHAT IPL PHOTOFACIALS CAN DO FOR YOUR SKIN
HOW DO PHOTOFACIALS WORK
The primary principal behind light based technologies is selective photothermolysis (SPTL) which is the ability to target specific chromophores (light-reactive elements such as blood, melanin, or water) using a specific wavelength or color of laser or light source. In hair removal treatments, for example, the laser targets the hair follicle (melanin chromophore) while leaving the surrounding skin (water chromophore) and blood vessels (hemoglobin chromophore) unharmed.
WHAT IS THE LUMIENS M22 (TECHNICAL INFO) AND WHY IT IS ONE OF THE BEST IPLS ON THE MARKET
The Lumenis M22 is one of the worlds best IPLs for skincare, which offers several unique functions. At Estucia we are offering treatments with both the Lumiens IPL and the Lumenis ResurFX™ lasers.
Lumenis offers a unique IPL solution with optimal efficacy, safety and ease of use. The Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™) gives users the ability to control the pulse shape. It provides reproducible results as well as gentler, more comfortable treatments. Universal handpiece with nine ExpertFilters™, enables treatment of a myriad of conditions with a single, versatile and cost effective handpiece.
The ResurFX™ laser is the only true fractional non-ablative technology. Unlike other fractional technologies, ResurFX™ only needs one pass to be effective, saving time and protecting the patient’s skin. ResurFX™ uses a 1565nm fiber laser and an advanced scanner, which enables the user to choose from more than 600 combinations of shape, size and density options, for optimal treatment results. The ResurFX™ has state-of-the-art CoolScan™ scanner for non-sequential scanning. The CoolScan™ scanner uses a proprietary algorithm that controls the placement of each fractional spot. This protects the tissue from heat accumulation and overheating. Moreover, the ResurFX™ handpiece is equipped with continuous contact cooling to increase patient comfort during treatment.
DO IPL PHOTOFACIALS HURT
No! Although the IPL induces heat, we use an advanced cooling technology (CoolScan™ scanner) that rapidly induces a cooling sensation so that you are left pain-free. In fact, this is one of the reasons that Dr. Ackerman and Jamie Ackerman carefully selected the Lumenis products for their effectiveness and the comfort levels for our patients.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR RESULTS TO OCCUR WITH IPL PHOTOFACIALS
Depending on the skin concerns being treated, and the amount of healing required, different patients will require different amounts of sessions. Typically speaking, patients looking for minor skin improvements may require 3-6 sessions to notice results. Our IPL and laser technicians will be able to tell you how many treatments are required during a complimentary consultation.
HOW MANY IPL PHOTOFACIAL SESSIONS ARE NEEDED TO SEE RESULTS
The number of IPL Photofacial treatments needed depends on the patients current skin condition and their desired results. Please request a consultation to find out how many you need.
SOUTH FLORIDA PHOTOFACIAL SPECIALISTS
At Estucia Weight Loss & Aesthetics we value your health and well-being first and use only the best, most acclaimed tools and procedures for our patients, with the Lumenis M22 being one of them.
Backed by Dr. Ackerman, a long-time expertise in health, weight loss, and aesthetics, Estucia of Palm Beach is amongst the best IPL and laser centers in South Florida. We have treated hundreds of patients with our Candela laser, and now our Lumiens laser.
Before being treated, our practitioners will work with you to establish a treatment plan, ensuring that each step taken has an exact purpose to acheive your ideal aesthetic goals. We will go over all of your options to ensure that you are getting the best, most efficient and effective treatments possible.
In the world of aesthetics, our top-rated medspa practitioners at Estucia of Palm Beach sets the standard.
PREPARING FOR YOUR IPL PHOTOFACIAL PROCEDURE
You will be asked to stay away from alcohol and other blood thinners before and after your procdecure.
• You must have had prolonged direct sun exposure 1 month prior to treatment (nor 1 month post treatment.)
• Discontinue any retinoid products 5 days prior to treatment (also 5 days post treatment.)
• If on Valtrex, have your Valtrex prescription filled and take starting 1 day before the treatment.
• Arrive to your appointment 30 minutes prior for numbing of the area.
• Shave the area if there is hair. If you have a beard, trim to what would be equivalent to a “2 day shadow.”
• Arrive clean faced with no make-up, moisturizers or lotions.
• Wear or bring a button down shirt so as not to pull anything over the face or across the body after treatment.
An IPL procedure is relatively simple. We may or may not begin by topically numbing the area being treated. Then, we apply a cool gel to the areas being treated. We set the IPL up to the configuration needed to achieve your desired results and then directly target the laser to the area needed.
You will be fully awake and speaking during the procedure. Most patients report feeling little to no pain during the treatment.
AFTER RECEIVING AN IPL TREATMENT
After treatment, you will experience redness, swelling or puffiness, and after a few days you may experience a bronzed appearance. Most swelling will be noticeable on the first morning after treatment and diminish within about 2-3 days. Most patients find that light makeup can cover any post-treatment redness or swelling.
IPL Photofacial treatments produce some expected side effects, depending on the intensity and duration of the treatment, the aggressiveness of injury to the area being treated, and your individual healing characteristics. Generally, patients who are treated more aggressively experience more intense, longer lasting side effects. However, some patients who receive a less aggressive treatment may experience greater-than-expected side effects; others receiving more aggressive treatments may experience side effects of less-thanexpected magnitude.
Notify your practitioner if the severity of your side effects becomes a problem for you.
• Immediately After Treatment:
• Heat sensation can be noticeable for 1 – 3 hours following your treatment.
• Some patients have experienced itching.
• You may feel discomfort. Tylenol may be taken for discomfort.
• Your skin may feel dry, peel, or flake. You may notice a “sandpaper” texture a few days after treatment. This is the treated tissue working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated.
• Noticeable pinkness over the next few weeks. Most resolves during the 1st week. A rosy “glow” can remain several weeks.
• You may use a bland moisturizer like Aquaphor or Cetaphil cream. Use of cold compresses or cold (not frozen) gel packs helps alleviate the heat sensation.
• First Few Days:
Continue gentle cleansing and moisturizing over the next few days. Once dry skin starts to flake off, please allow your skin to heal and DO NOT scrub, rub, or use exfoliants.
• Swelling usually lasts two to three days. To minimize swelling apply cold compresses to the area for 10 minutes of every hour on the day of treatment, until bedtime. Sleep with head elevated on pillows the first night.
• First Week of Healing:
Keep treated area clean; avoid smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, excessive exercise, perspiring, swimming, yoga or exposing skin to heat and sun.
• Skin Care Products: All of your skin care products should be non-irritating and non-clogging for the first week. Aveeno, Dove, Neutrogena, and Cetaphil are easily accessible brands.
• Scrubs, Toners, Bleaching Creams, Glycolic Acid, and Retinoids (Retin A, Tazorac, tretinoin): Your skin will be sensitive for the first week or so after treatment. Do not use products that will cause irritation for a minimum of 5 days after treatment. Do not use bleaching creams, abrasive scrubs, toners, or products that contain glycolyic acids or retinoids. Read the product labels. Retinoids may be resumed 5 full days after treatment as long as treatment area is free of flaking, redness, irritation.
• Normal Skin Care Regimen: Once all dry skin has flaked off and your skin is fully healed, you may resume your routine skin care and make-up products, as long as they are tolerable to you. We recommend a mineral based make-up.
• Sunscreen: Use sunscreen immediately after treatment. Continue to use to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen should offer broadband protection (UVA and UVB) and have an SPF of 30 or more. Use sunscreen immediately after treatment and apply daily for at least 3 months after your last treatment. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside. Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. If direct sun exposure is necessary, wear a hat and clothing that covers the treated area. Diligent sunscreen use may lower the risk of laser-induced hyperpigmentation (darker skin color).
• Moisturizer: Remember that peeling and/or flaking is normal. Therefore, the moisturizer you use should be non-irritating and non-clogging, or else you could develop breakouts. Instead of using 2 separate products, you may use moisturizers that contain SPF30+. Reapply whenever your skin feels dry.
• Abnormal Healing: If you notice any side effects that seem severe or are not listed here, please contact us.
At Estucia, with offices conveniently located in Palm Beach County, we are pleased to offer several products to fight visible signs of aging.
Estucia will work closely with you to assess the condition of your skin and listen carefully to your beauty goals, in order to create the safest and most effective treatment plan to rejuvenate and refresh your skin, and bring back your youthful glow.
Serving West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Palm Beach Island, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington, Riviera Beach, The Villages of Palm Beach Lakes, Lake Worth, Green Acres, Lantana and surrounding communities.